Aspire Education is seeking experienced, communicative, academically-strong tutors interested in working one-on-one in family homes and at school sites. We especially need tutors with expertise in: mathematics (through Calculus), sciences (up to the AP level), Spanish language, and ACT/SAT Test Preparation. Expect to engage in tutoring and mentoring both one-on-one and in groups. Pay ranges from $30 to $40 per hour. The schedule will be based on the number of client-tutoring requests. Our high-demand hours are from 3 to 6pm on weekdays, as well as weekends.
Qualified applicants will have:
- Previous tutoring experience, ability to demonstrate and teach strong study habits to students
- Strategies for active tutoring; ability to build rapport with students and families
- Strong academic subject-knowledge
- The ability to work well and communicate with a variety of people including teenagers, parents and adults
- A demonstrable interest in educational equity and/or social justice, and professionalism and organization in conduct. (Special Plus: specific subject strengths, flexible schedule. Transportation options an enormous plus.)
Our hiring needs change as we develop new partnerships with Bay Area schools, community-based organizations, and families. This requires a dynamic hiring process. If you are interested in applying to the above position, please take note of the following:
- Applicants must have interest, skill and some experience in academic teaching or tutoring at Middle or High School levels.
- Due to a high volume of applicants, we may not respond to your application. You can be sure that if you are a competitive candidate for a position that has not been filled, we will contact you.
- We cannot review applications that are improperly submitted. Your cover letter and resume will reflect to us your level of professionalism and proficiency in the written word.
- We may keep your application on file and contact you in the near or distant future if a new position/need/opportunity arises.
How to Apply
If you meet our application requirements you can apply online. Your cover letter is an especially important opportunity to convince us that you meet the qualifications described above.