Be a Youth Mentor
Thank you for your interest in being a Youth Mentor for summer 2019! As a Youth Mentor, your job will be to build relationships with the students at our Childhood Development Centers in Oakland, CA. Each session is two hours long with the following schedule:
- 15 minute pre-meeting/training
- 45 minute reading/literacy activities
- 15 minute break and debrief
- 45 minute outdoor play
- Be a current 6th-12th grader
- Attend a half-day training before the beginning of the program
- Volunteer for at least three weeks
- Volunteer for at least four hours per week (two 2-hour sessions)
We welcome and encourage volunteers who can commit to more weeks and/or times!
- Dates: June 10-August 2, 2019
Highland CDC: 1322 86th Ave, Oakland, CA 94621
Laurel CDC: 3825 California St, Oakland, CA 94619
United Nation CDC: 1025 4th Ave, Oakland, CA 94606
- Times: TBD, mornings or afternoons Monday - Friday
- Please select the dates and time blocks you are available. Note that times are approximate and only indicate your availability, as we are currently finalizing the schedule with our partners. We will contact you to confirm details.
- Following your selection, fill out the application fields with your information. After submission you will be sent a confirmation e-mail with the schedule information you submitted, and our team will e-mail or call you with more details.
- If you have already signed up and want to add or change your shifts, navigate to the "Review Your Profile" page sent in your confirmation e-mail. You can cancel shifts by clicking on the "cancel this shift" link, and you can add shifts by clicking on the "open the event" link in the top righthand corner to see the available shifts.
- Fill out and send us (via e-mail or snail mail) our Parent Permission Form.
- Please contact us if you have any questions!